Thursday, April 08, 2010

"Paul Schmelzer" not signed by Stephen Colbert


My world's all topsy-turvy: Rep. Michele Bachmann, the conservative Republican whose values are almost entirely divergent from my own, agreed to sign my name, but Stephen Colbert, whose entire television persona hinges on borrowing the characteristics of others (namely, O'Reilly-esque conservatives not unlike Bachmann) won't.

You'll notice he did use the blank space where the date's supposed to go to sign his own name though. Maybe that's most fitting.

3 comments:

Seth Christenfeld said...

I think that the case is more that "Stephen Colbert" (the character, as opposed to Stephen Colbert the man) is far too egotistical to pass up a chance to sign his own name.

Meredith said...

I have to agree with Seth. I don't like the Colbert character at all (like Seth, I assume it is not the same thing as the man), but I do think he would want to just sign his own name.

That said, though, kudos for deciphering that scrawl!

Diana Santos said...

You're hilarious!
But very original, indeed...
Hope you get many more!